Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ping Returns General Failure


GENERAL FAILURE
I recently experienced a ping “General Failure” on certain IP address. Previously, the PC I’m using is not enrolled to Active Directory and I can received a reply when trying to ping the IP. However, when IT support enrolled the PC I’m using to the Active Directory Server I now receiving “General Failure”.
I scrutinized Resultant set of Policy by running the rsop.msc in the command line and found out that our network administrator had just filtered and blocked outbound data to the IP.
Solution: I just simply delete DSIPSECPolicyName and DSIPSECPolicyPath keys in computer\hkey_local_Machine\software\policies\microsoft\windows\IPSEC\GPTIPSecPolicy by running regedit in the command line and now I already have reply

No comments:

Post a Comment